Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lawnmower beer and other rantings

The Red Line Wheat is in the bottle. We sampled it (duh), but when we tested it for alcohol content a surprising number came up.....2.0%. Not even the equivalent of a mass produced domestic light beer. On the bright side, we have a session beer that tastes all right. There is a hint of lemon to it, and should be a real refresher when the Nebraska heat hits. As far as a lawnmower beer, I could probably mow all the yards in the neighborhood while drinking this and be good enough to grill when I got done.

So that being said, we might try something different the next time we do a wheat beer, but we'll see when we try it in a couple weeks. I might test the ABV when we crack open a bottle.

On a completely different note, we are watching a show on Discovery Health about the Duggars. IF you have not heard of them, they are the family that keeps on having kids. Marcie says #18 is on the way as we speak. It has been said before, so I will say it again. It's a vagina, not a clown car!!! I'll take arguements for birth control for $500 Alex. I'll be calling my urologist now since I can barely handle a dog.

On a weight loss note, my wife has been doing Weight Watchers since just before last Thanksgiving, and by consequence I have been doing it as well. Since then she has lost 54.8 pounds and I am down 44.4 (total of 99.2, almost 100 pounds). As the great Vin Scully said, How about that?

Battery is almost dead, better wrap this up.

No comments: