Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bottling Day!!

I was starting to get a bit worried. The batch of Red Line Wheat was going strong in the fermenter for four days, and was still showing bubbles about every thirty seconds until Friday morning. But by the time I got home from work on Friday, the bubbles had stopped and the surface a slightly red hue to it. I have no idea why, but maybe it will look different when it comes out of the carboy.

The name Red Line Wheat has many meanings. On the Saturday that we brewed, it was a nice sunny day in Lincoln, so my wife decided to get some sun outside while the boil was going on. She got a little more than she should have, and for a full six days there was a red line across her chest where her shirt was. It has since turned to a more tan color, but the name stuck. For those of you who have had the pleasure of visiting Chicago and using the mass transit system, you might recognize that the red line train is one of the few things that Cubs fans and White Sox fans have in common, as it makes stops near both baseball parks. The first trip my wife and I took to Chicago, we got on one of those red line trains at about 10PM. I was wearing my Kerry Wood jersey, and the train was headed northound filled to standing room only with White Sox fans. I did catch a fair amount of crap on that train ride.

On another note, regarding the news from the Dallas Cowboys camp. Jerry, way to go getting the checkbook out and locking T.O. up for the next few years. But can you do something about Tony and that Simpson girl. She screwed up his season last year. Don't let it happen again. Hey Romo find youself a non-celebrity woman.

No comments: